Reporting to the Director of Finance, as Property Accountant you will be responsible the the financial reporting of a portfolio of properties. Your responsibilities will include journal entries, general ledger operations, bank reconciliation and clearing of cheques. You will maintain and analyse balance sheet accounts, as well as income and expense accounts. You will also review and analyse trial balance monthly, maintain schedule of loans and mortgages, and prepare monthly budgets, variance analysis, production of financial statements and ad-hoc reports when required. You will also assist in inputting leases in the accounting system, recording financial transactions, and preparing year-end audit files
As Property Accountant, you will occupy a central role in a recognised company where your work will make a difference. Not only will you be part of an established and growing company, you will also be part of a dynamic team, in a nice working environment.
In consultation with the Senior Accounting Manager, the Property Accountant will be responsible for:
• Producing accurate and reliable property-level financial reporting packages in strict adherence to the set procedures for the portfolio of assigned properties;
• Providing financial analysis and support to the properties’ management and internal departments with regards to concerns, reporting issues and variance explanations;
• Reviewing and completing analysis on Balance Sheet and Income Statement by property to verify account balances and determine reasonableness of revenues and expenses;
• Distributing financial packages, with discussion of variances, to operations, marketing and finance managers/executives for their review; within the set deadlines.
• Preparing schedules of amortization of capital assets;
• Preparing monthly bank reconciliations and reviewing for accuracy and completeness;
• Reviewing the resident trust bank account reconciliations on a monthly basis with verification that it reconciles with the resident trust ledger;
• Preparing Ministry of Health reports (Annual Report, Cash Flow Projections, Rate Reductions, Quarterly Filings) as required throughout the year;
• Preparing all regulatory filings (GST, PST, QST, WSIB, and others, if applicable) and ensuring compliance of payment, reporting and other tax requirements are up to date;
The successful candidate will have a university degree in accounting and a minimum of 3 years of experience in Real Estate. You will be a team player and have strong interpersonal and communication skills, time management skills, and high level of accuracy. You will have excellent written and spoken skills in French and English. Strong computer skills, including MS Office and Yardi, as well as analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, our client is the place for you!
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People’s Lives Better.
View original article here Source