We are a long-established company located in the areas of Hwy 400 and Steeles, looking for a Sewer to work with us on automotive interiors, seating, and upholstery.
Your job would include but not limited to removing, reupholstering seats and interior trim for a wide range of vehicles, from brand new to classic automobiles.
The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, should have general automotive knowledge, and must be technically capable to independently perform automotive interior and accessories installations as required.
We need someone who is very personable, detail oriented, a team player and takes pride in their work to maintain the company’s reputation as a provider of quality workmanship as many of our clients are repeat customers and a lot of our business is through referrals.
The person in this role:
• Must be able to watch for defects in components and raise quality issues immediately.
• Open to constructive feedback to help understand quality expectations.
• Exercise care in handling parts and products throughout the process.
• Maintain safety awareness.
• Willingness to be a team player and perform various other jobs in as needed.
• Maintain a clean area and help others clean.
• Use and knowledge of Sewing Machines with different materials: Leather, Vinyl, Cloth.
• Sewing/Upholstering experience needed to be able to immediately be able to contribute.
• Able to regularly lift and carry up to 50lbs.
• Ability to pay attention to detail and follow directions.
• Basic math skills and time management.
• Good communication skills to be able to work with customers and understand their needs.
• Works with integrity and professionalism, and takes pride in his/her own work.
• Valid Ontario G driver’s licence.
View original article here Source