– Examines previously entered freight bill information for correctness and cross checking with copy of original bill of lading if deemed necessary.
– Uses computer generated rates and tariffs to obtain specific charges for customers depending on distance, weight and volume shipped.
– Calculates and records storage, redelivery, reconsignment and other accessorial charges when applicable.
– Answer E-mail, fax or telephone inquiries from customers and terminal contacts
– Classifies freight based on freight bill description and current NMFC guide.
– Proven ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
– Proven ability to perform under pressure
– Evidence of good communication and time management skills
– Good geographical knowledge of Canada and the United States
– Good math skills
– Speed and accuracy is critical
– Billing background would be an asset
– LTL 400 knowledge is an asset.
– Spreadsheet and query knowledge would also be an asset