Chartwells, a division of Compass Group Canada is looking to hire a number of food service workers for our food service account at the University of New Brunswick, Saint John Campus. We are looking specifically for individuals who are willing to work in the back of the house in the kitchen area of the operation The successful candidates for these positions will be required to fulfill the following job expectations; Job Title: GENERAL KITCHEN HELP Job Code: Reports To: Unit Manager/Unit Supervisor/Food Service Director/Chef Approved Date:
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
SUMMARY Performs a variety of general service and production duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Carry out bake-off baking responsibilities to produce a variety of products in sufficient quantities according to specifications.
• Ensure that all prepared products are correctly recorded on production records.
• Prepare salads and make sandwiches according to specifications in quantities sufficient for the day’s sales.
• May be required to prepare main meal according to specifications and daily menu.
• May be required to do short order cooking.
• Serve customers quickly and courteously using proper service techniques and portioning.
• Clean tables in eating areas as needed to maintain a clean and orderly eating area.
• Assist anywhere else in the kitchen during production as needed.
• May be required to undertake cashier responsibilities by charging customer orders properly through the cash register and following proper cash handling techniques according to Company guidelines.
• Represents Company in a courteous, efficient, and friendly manner in all customer and employee interactions.
• Follows principles of sanitation and safety in handling food and equipment.
• Ability to interact with customers in order to assure customer satisfaction.
• Ability to interact with co-workers in order to assure compliance with company service standards, and company inventory and property control procedures.
• Must have sufficient mobility to perform assigned tasks within production and service time frames established for the job.
• May assists with the set up of banquet tables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to understand, read, write, follow instructions and interact with customers in order to assure customer satisfaction.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE No prior experience or training.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Must possess a valid Food Safety Certificate
If you feel you are the right candidate for one of these positions please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org