Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who operate trucks.
• Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments.
• Order supplies and materials.
• Prepare routes and monitor to ensure schedules are met and resolve operating problems.
• Delegate tasks to employees/operators and sub-contractors on a daily basis.
• Direct trucks where to stage to ensure safe load, unloading practices and report any deficiencies to the Logistics department.
• Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies.
• Prepare work reports and budgets, and monitor expenditures.
• Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery and arrange for
• maintenance and repair work.
• Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve performance.
• Transport damage claims and related issues.
• Abide by all safety guidelines as posted and/or communicated.
• Report any accidents.
• Verify, allocate and post details of customer work orders.
• Ensure the site is accessible and properly prepped for the project.
• Complete corresponding office paperwork (bill of lading, job ticket, material transfer sheet) with each job and obtain the proper signatures.
• Perform pre and post trip inspections on the equipment, ensure that the Operators have completed this before starting the job.
• Operate equipment as necessary.
View original article here Source