QA Manager carries management responsibilities for a group of testing engineers. The Testing Team Lead is typically responsible for segments of the planning, design, and execution of tests and is expected to provide professional and technical leadership for the group, raise risks, suggest mitigations and make decisions.
QA Manager will lead design, execution, operation and implementation of testing solutions; be capable to design, execute and analyze; Participate in project meetings, ensure that engagement work products and deliverables are of the highest quality to ensure client satisfaction; Present status, conclusions and recommendations. Software Testing Team Lead is responsible for his team knowledge enhancement and team spirit.
Must have skills
- Leads, mentors’ small teams of functional, automation and nonfunctional testing within a specific project or product; Ensures all the project agreed deliverables are completed to the required level of quality and promotes team engagement and motivation.
- Provides technical & professional leadership to the testing team members by means of coaching and mentorship throughout of the testing lifecycle to achieve project goals to the required level of expertise and quality; Keeps all informed on assignments, project status.
- Provides input to on the test estimations; Plans resource needs and ensures effective task allocation.
- Plans testing activities milestones; Identifies and analyzes risks and their potential business impact to determine proper prioritization of the testing activities; Suggests and handles mitigations and escalations as part of risk assessment
- ensures integrative coverage of test scenarios
- Effectively leads formal and informal reviews with stakeholders, applying experience and knowledge providing technical and managerial perspective
- Acts as technical interface with other teams to resolve and promote issues, communicate plans and conclusions as well as recommendations for issue closure.
- Work closely with the technical peers (e.g., designers, architects), to identify potential risks technical or business (e.g., performance, business process prone to fail, inefficiencies).
- Supports and promotes test efficiency and optimization initiatives; Leverages knowledge across tests teams, implementation of best practices and test automation usage.
- Enforces quality processes (such as performing technical root cause analysis and outlining corrective action for given problems), measures them and takes corrective actions in case of variances; Conducts regularly and upon issues resolution, lesson learnt and root cause analysis and ensures recommendations’ implementation.
Nice to have skills
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in a software testing SDLC environment and methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge in the domain (Methods & testing tools functional or non-functional).
- Experience in leading tasks and/or mentoring testers (low scale).
- Minimum of 8+ years of Telecom experience/knowledge is MUST.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Science/IT/Computing /industrial engineering or equivalent/system analysis
Salary: 120K-130K plus Benefits.
View original article here Source