Do you have experience as a materials handler? Do you have experience with a forklift? Are you available to start right away? Are you looking for a position in Regina? If so, we have an opportunity for you!
Our client is looking to hire a materials handler who will be responsible for assisting other team members in the effective movement of materials and supplies in a warehouse environment. You will be required to maintain a large inventory of items through the use of correct policies and procedures.
Work with a driver delivering building materials to customers at their construction sites. Be dedicated to our customers by doing physical labor in a safe and careful manner as part of a team. Industry experience is not necessary but is appreciated.
Job Duties include:
TRAINING & SAFETY:
– Prior experience in a warehouse setting.
– Ongoing training for safety and job duties is provided.
– Protective clothing and equipment are provided as is image wear.
– Allowances are paid for purchasing jeans and steel-toed boots for this job.
– Group Benefits – NO WAITING PERIOD!
– Employee & Family Assistance Program
– Employee image wear
– Jean & boot allowances
– Fun staff events
After three (3) months:
– Employee purchase discounts
– Fitness allowance
After one (1) year:
– Company pension plan
– Employee Profit Sharing Program
– Service anniversary gift
– Dental Care
– Disability Insurance
– Employee Assistance Program
– Extended Health Care
– Life Insurance
– On-site Parking
– RRSP Match
– Store Discount
– Tuition Reimbursement
– Vision Care
And more …
– Career development opportunities
– Corporate-sponsored training
– Obtaining your Class 3 or Class 1 License
– Forklift Operator Certification
– Boom Operator Certification
– First Aid Certification
The material handler assists the driver in delivering building products to customers’ construction sites.
The team unloads the materials by hand and, at times, with equipment, such as:
– articulated truck-mounted booms
– specialized carts
The team must ensure the materials aren’t damaged during delivery and that each customer is satisfied with thematerials and service provided.
The person successful in obtaining this role must:
– Consent to and pass a pre-employment drug test
– Be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship
– Possess current forklift operator certification
– Be willing and ready for regular physical labor
– Be able to repeatedly lift and carry heavy building materials (up to 100 pounds or more)
– Arrive at work on schedule and fit for duty
– Be safety-focused on the job
– Produce quality work and complete tasks with minimal supervision
– Our ideal candidate would also have experience handling drywall.
– Interest in doing physical labor
– Demonstrated endurance – capable of lifting and carrying repeatedly
– Complete tasks in a safe manner
– Follow directions and procedures related to safety
– Ask questions to increase personal understanding
– Be aware of and alert to hazards and respond appropriately
WORKS WELL WITH OTHERS
– Good communication skills (listening, verbal, and written)
– Dedicated to satisfying customer needs
– Enjoy teamwork
– Present a tidy and professional appearance
– Effectively manage time
– Notice and attend to details
– Produce quality work with minimal supervision
– Remain alert and responsive in a fast-paced and demanding environment
– Desire to build a career.
– Want to take on new responsibilities, and learn new skills
3 Easy ways to apply;
– Apply directly to this post
– Email your resume to email@example.com
*** Be sure to include the title of this job ad in the subject line
– Create a profile and apply through our website, www.randstad.ca
We thank all applicants in the Regina area for their interest in this position! Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Zachry Dilli, Staffing Consultant
View original article here Source