- Join an industry leader based in Winnipeg!
- An exciting opportunity for an individual with warehouse or inventory control experience!
- Be rewarded with a competitive salary and excellent benefits!
About Border Glass & Aluminum Inc
With a combined 50 years of industry experience, Border Glass & Aluminum Inc is a subcontractor that specializes in building envelopes and architectural aluminum. We’re passionate about the work that we do whether it is manufacturing and installing customized windows, curtainwall, skylights in commercial and industrial facilities. Our mission is to deliver quality results safely, on time and on budget.
Our reputation and success are truly driven by our team of experts, who are committed to meet and exceed each of our client’s unique needs and requirements. We are proud to evolve in a family-like culture where everyone’s opinion is heard and valued. If this sounds like the right environment for you to build a career, we want to hear from you!
About The Opportunity
Currently, Border Glass & Aluminum Inc has an exciting opportunity for an Inventory Manager to join our team in Winnipeg, MB, on a full-time basis.
You will be working primarily from the shipping office to ensure the successful and efficient movement, counting, delivery and storage of ordered products and supplies. Reporting to the General Superintendent, you will be responsible for the accuracy of all paperwork associated with stock and purchases.
Your key responsibilities within this role will include:
- Interacting daily with the plant foreman, project managers and installation crews to collect and process orders.
- Managing incoming and outgoing materials.
- Approving freight invoices for payment and obtaining quotes prior to shipping material.
- Managing the preparation of shipping documents for outgoing material.
- Processing all documentation related to the order, from PO to material delivery, before forwarding everything to the accounting department.
- Maintaining an electronic tracking system for purchase orders and all related information (ship dates, receipt dates, backorders, freight claims, etc.).
- Verifying products upon delivery to the warehouse and then on the job sites by comparing the purchase orders to the actual number of materials delivered.
- Evaluating if freight claims are applicable and initiating material replacement or credit when appropriate.
- Communicating with suppliers to confirm schedules on back-ordered material.
- Identifying and storing surplus material once projects are complete.
- Maintaining efficient levels of consumable items, stock items, replacement and maintenance items required for vehicle repair and forklift maintenance.
- Maintaining an electronic database/catalogue of all stock, job material, and tools, including relevant information like supplier name, job name and number, quantity, description, purchase order number, cost, and current location.
- Creating and developing new systems, physical and/or electronic to continually improve the inventory management process.
- Organizing and keeping the stockroom tidy.
More About You
In order to qualify for this role, you will join us with at least 5 years of inventory management experience along with strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite. Individuals with less experience but with strong interest and knowledge in our industry are also invited to apply. Education background will be considered an asset.
As our ideal candidate, you’ll join us with excellent communication skills in both written and verbal forms. Your professionalism and can-do attitude, along with your system thinking and organized mindset, will ensure your success in this role.
Most importantly, you are a trustworthy, proactive, and creative team player eager to take initiatives while leading by example.
What we offer
As a valued employee of Border Glass & Aluminum Inc, we will provide you with a competitive salary depending on your skills and experience. You can also expect the following:
- Health benefits package including dental and vision with Manulife.
- RRSP matching program up to 2% increasing as you evolve with the company.
- Flexible work environment where work-life balance is valued.
- Paid training opportunities to enhance skills relative to your position.
- Frequent social events such as BBQ, golf sessions and hockey tickets. Last year, we offered paid time off every Friday afternoon during the summer.
Don’t miss this opportunity to join a family-oriented company with a close-knit and supportive culture.
If you believe you have what it takes to join our team, Apply Now!
Border Glass & Aluminum Inc
View original article here Source