Field Crew personnel operates dewatering equipment, installs wellpoint systems and bypasses and performs sediment control operations.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
• Operates dewatering equipment and installs wellpoint systems and bypasses.
• Performs sediment control operations.
• Erects, monitors and maintains dewatering equipment (such as wells, pipe lines, meters and pressure gauges).
• Test and repairs water hoses.
• Performs maintenance work in a timely and efficiently manner.
• Operates all dewatering equipment safely and competently in accordance with CDLP safe work procedures and manufacturers’ operating instructions.
• Trouble shoots pump and piping problems on site.
• Practices good housekeeping with daily upkeep of shop, office and yard.
• Performs routine maintenance on dewatering equipment and machinery pertaining to the work.
• Competently operates forklifts, overhead crane, light weight vehicles, compressors, portable and stationary generators, pneumatic, hydraulic and electric tools, fusing machines, and related hand tools and equipment.
• Performs jobs from verbal instructions.
• Responds to emergency situations as necessary.
• May assist, lead and train, or instruct, others in the work.
• Wear, and participate in the ongoing training of, the required PPE for this position.
• Provide quality customer service to our external and internal customers.
• Lead by example with integrity.
• Other tasks and special projects as assigned by the direct supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of the practices, methods, techniques, tools and equipment used in the performance of maintenance work as assigned.
• Ability to diagnose and repair a wide variety of dewatering equipment and wellpoint in the performance of maintenance work as assigned.
• Ability to work in outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
• Able to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
• Ability to work extended shifts, out of town and weekend work, and overtime as required.
• Knowledge of HSE Manual, safety practices, safe work methods and safety regulations pertaining to the work.
• Ability to identify and implement effective courses of action to complete assigned work.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, follow instructions and provide feedback as required.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative within established guidelines.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those encountered in the course of the work.
• Able to coordinate work assignments with other workers, divisions or departments.
Education & Experience:
• Minimum High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Previous experience and/ or a solid understanding of pumping systems and applications, preferred.
• Mechanical/ welding skills, an asset.
• Must have a valid and clean class 5 driver’s license.
• Must provide a driver’s abstract (30 days current) with their application.
• Must have CSTS
• Safety sensitive position – pre-employment testing required through a third party supplier.
View original article here Source