Reporting to the Operations Manager at our Biggar location, the Facility Assistant I is responsible for carrying out the required duties involved in the movement and sampling of grain, and the overall execution of processes involved in the operation of the grain facility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributing to the movement of grain by loading/unloading shipments
- Collecting and testing grain samples
- Performing exceptional customer service duties
- Regular facility maintenance and house keeping
- Commitment to maintaining a safe and compliant working environment
- 1-2 years in a general labour job, preferably in agriculture and farming
- Valid drivers license
- Ability to lift heavy materials repeatedly (up to 50 lbs)
- Strong communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
To apply, please visit our career website: http://parrishandheimbecker.com/career_all
P&H is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities and members of visible minorities. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request
Parrish & Heimbecker is an exciting place to develop a career in agriculture, agriculture processing and food processing. With more than 60 locations coast to coast, we can offer you a unique opportunity to make your mark in a growth-oriented Canadian agricultural company. Our mandate is to support Canadian producers and food manufacturers who grow and sell their crops and baked goods to global markets.
Our success comes from a well-established network of assets, ongoing infrastructure development and strong business relationships that we nurture with farmers and suppliers. Learn more about us at www.parrishandheimbecker.com