ATOM-JET INDUSTRIES is a custom machining and advanced manufacturing company in Brandon Manitoba. Atom-Jet has been in business since 1962.
The Atom-Jet Group has a reputation for producing quality products and recently has been recognized and received the Manitoba Chamber Outstanding Long-Term Achievement Award.
Atom-Jet recognizes that the people within our team are our most valuable asset, because of this Atom-Jet provides its employees with: a comprehensive benefit package, at no cost to our employees, pension matching, competitive salaries and wages, work-life balance, social events.
The role of the CNC/Manual machinist is to produce dimensionally and visually correct parts in accordance with drawing specifications. Must be proficient in all CNC and Manual machine shop tasks and be willing and able to Lead and train other employees.
– Provide High level machining skill and comprehension.
– Design fixture/ work holding devices.
– Design quality machine setups and produce setup sheets.
– Able to modify existing programs to improve efficiency, and part quality.
– Dimensionally and visually verify part quality.
Skills & Abilities:
– Strong drawing interpretation skills.
– Strong understanding of machining principles.
– Able to design CNC equipment setups.
– CNC programming skills.
Education & Training:
– Minimum 5 years experience in CNC/Manual machine shop environment.
– Good Mechanical Aptitude (machine maintenance, fixture design)
Working Environment & Physical Demands
– Ability to exert significant muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects
– Ability to use your abdominal & lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly over time, including bending.
– Ability to exert muscle force at intervals throughout a work shift involving muscular endurance & resistance to muscle fatigue.
– Ability to negotiate different areas including climbing stairs & ladders & moving around objects.
– Able to work inside & outside in all weather conditions.
– Able to work shift work.
View original article here Source