The RM of South Qu’Appelle – No. 157 has an opening for the position of Chief Administrative Officer. The successful candidate will have either a “C” or “A” Municipal Administration certificate, at least 5 years municipal experience and a certificate or degree from a recognized college or university in the faculty of business, accounting or finance. Other combinations of education and experience will be considered.
– Accounting and Records Management
– Formulation and administration of municipal bylaws
– Maintenance of the assessment records
– Conducting taxation procedures and collection
– Budgeting and Financial Reporting
– Election procedures
– Supporting Council in preparation of meetings and recording of Minutes and Resolutions
– Safekeeping of all municipal records
– Supervision of office staff
– Communications and Public Relations
– Information management and Automated programs and processes
Work in rural municipal government requires diplomacy and tact along with strict adherence to confidentiality. We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate a high degree of integrity and conscientiousness with a track record of sound decision making, excellent interpersonal skills, innovative problem solving and experience working with Boards and/or Councils.
There is an excellent pension, benefits and salary package available, which will be determined based on the candidate’s education and experience.
Applicants should forward their resume by August 16th to:
Rural Municipality of South Qu’Appelle No. 157
PO Box 66
Qu’Appelle, SK S0G 4A0
Fax: (306) 699-2671
View original article here Source