ar repair “C,, Class Primary Functions:
Cl class employees will become eligible to work overtime after successful completions of the 90 day probationary period and are functionally qualified to perform the primary functions of a C class employee.
• Jacket Welding ( Pass in-house jacket test)
• Housekeeping both inside and outside of shop
• Loads. unloads, stocking and delivers material as required
• Qua1ified as fire watch and safety watch
• Qualified fork truck operator
• Familiar with and can utilize equipment and hand tools as required (see list)
• Can perform general Railcar repairs
• Painting, stenciling and decaling as required
• Residue removal as required
• Jacking cars
• Obtains all associated EH & S training required for above tasks
• Meter testing, gas testing and monitoring air quality for Confined Space Entry
• Familiar with Confined Space rescue procedures
• Familiar with required plant documentation ( see list )
• Switching and Switch machine operator. Note: Definition of Functionally Qualified.
In order for an employee to be deemed functionally qualified to perform a task(s) within his job classification, he must be able to demonstrate that he can perform all the functions associated with the task safely, and completely and with reasonable efficiency without prompting or close supervision.