The Bricks-n-Games is an indoor play center that will soon open in Summerside, PE. This is a fun and inspiring place for school children primarily aged from 6-12 to play building blocks and board games after school and during weekends and vacations.
We are now looking for an Indoor Play Center Specialist who is enthusiastic, trustworthy, hard-working and customer-focused, with a very positive personality that can provide exceptional guest service to our customers – school children and their parents/guardians.
Job Types: Full-time/Part-time
Hours of Work: This position requires work at both evening time and weekend, with approximately 30-32 working hours a week, including
• 4-4.5 hours during after-school hours in four week days (Tuesday to Friday)
• 8 work hours on Saturday and 6 hours on Sunday afternoon
• Providing quality care and supervision while children are playing building blocks and board games in the center and ensuring that all the supplies and facilities in the center will be used in a safe matter
• Greeting customers in a timely and professional fashion, providing superior customer service while communicating with parents upon arrival and departure, clearly explaining the rules of the play center and introducing different choices of tickets
• Setting up the play area prior to guests’ arrival
• Cleaning up the play center, performing general cleaning duties to ensure that all areas of the play center are kept clean and tidy and the building blocks and all other supplies are well-stocked and displayed in an organized manner
• Cash handling and POS system operation; carrying out open and close cash activities to ensure correct balance;
• Resolving guest concerns or complaint, escalating to Manager as required. Ensuring that all incidents or injuries are immediately reported to Manager.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications:
• Able to work at evening time in week days and work during weekend. Willing to accept a relatively longer work time during winter and summer break.
• Proven reliability, punctuality and low absenteeism
• High School Diploma or above. Childhood Education Diploma or equivalent preferred. Childcare-focused certification is a significant asset (e.g. ECE certification, Child Development Worker, Teaching certification, etc.)
• Preferred experience working in an indoor playground or childcare business (child-focused retail, day care, day camp), childhood education experience, or other experience working with school age children
• Great communication skills and customer service skills
• Detail oriented and precise, attentive to the individual needs of young customer
• Good trouble-shooting and problem-solving ability
• Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision
• Valid driver license
• Basic First Aid and CPR knowledge. Valid First Aid and basic child CPR certification is a plus.
• Because of the environment this position will be working in, current RCMP Vulnerable Sector Check will be required upon hire
Salary: starting from $14-15 per hour depending on experience and qualification.
How To Apply
Candidates interested in this position are asked to submit the resume to the address below.
The Bricks-n-Games Indoor Playground
Attn. Mr. Oliver Qian, General Manager and Recruiting Officer
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
November 27, 2019