Meyer’s is a strong company with a great reputation and over 40 years in the industry. If you take pride in the quality of your work, are a self-starter who likes to be involved in everything and learn voraciously, enjoy creative problem solving, and working outdoors, we want to hear from you!
This is an outdoor job where strength is required, and due to Covid19 it is imperative that you have your own vehicle and a valid drivers license to get to job sites. The salary is up to your skill level and we offer training if you’re willing to learn from very experienced members of our team, take courses, or receive certifications. We work with you to pursue your career goals.
SKILLED IN LANDSCAPE CONSTRUCTION IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS IS AN ASSET:
– Excavation skills
– Woodwork (Prepare sono tube footings, and posts for decks and fences, prepare deck frame, work independently and lead a crew on deck and fence builds)
– Brickwork (Possesses skills to prepare the base with an excavator, level ground with attention to drainage, lay brick, install edging, and work independently)
– Stone Work (Armour stone walls, curbs, natural stone walkways, and patios, chiseling, lifting the stone, excavating)
– Irrigation (Ability to create systems, ability to adjust and fix systems, work independently)
– Planting (Prepare planting beds with an excavator, plants trees and small plants, weed, mulch and work independently)
– Able to read landscape plans, drive a project and lead a team of 1-3 ppl an asset
– Strong math skills and problem-solving ability
– Enjoy physical labour a must, able to lift heavy items
– Willingness to work in all outdoor conditions
– Comfortable with gas-powered machinery and tools
– Experience with Mini Excavator, Boxer, and Skid Steer
– Valid G drivers license or preferred A restricted, reliable vehicle to arrive at job sites and clean drivers abstract (NO EXCEPTIONS)
– Team-oriented and great with clients
Must be willing to work from now until early December and take winters off (start again in April).
40-55 hrs a week, +/- 10 hr a day
Off early on Fridays and work the occasional Saturday
Great job for ppl who enjoy a good life-work balance.
Job Type: Full-time
$16-30 with a salary review at the end of three months