Do you love your accounting job, but think that there has to be a better work-life balance out there? We are a different kind of CPA firm, and we are looking for good people to join us. We work hard, but we recognize that everyone has a life outside of work and we respect and encourage that. We have great clients with very sophisticated needs, so the work will be interesting.
Vaive and Associates is a local CPA firm in Ottawa with 3 partners and a staff of 17 that specialises in providing assurance, accounting, tax and business advisory services to owner managed enterprises. We have an unwavering commitment to our clients and our team. We use the latest technology and offer extensive and ongoing professional development. Our goal is to empower our people with the tools that they need to succeed. As a small firm, we embrace a team approach. We all chip in to make sure the job gets done.
While this is normally a work-in-the-office position, we are committed to the safety of our staff and clients, and we will use hybrid work arrangements during the pandemic as necessary. During the entirety of the pandemic, we have not had any layoffs or salary reductions. This is a firm that is growing and that offers a high level of stability.
As the successful candidate, your responsibilities will include:
• Prepare year-end financial statements and corporate tax returns for non-assurance clients (compilation engagements), including related bookkeeping and year-end adjustments
• Assist as a team member on larger corporate assurance engagements (audits and reviews)
• Preparation of personal income tax returns
• Assistance with other special projects as they arise
You will be a true team player, and MUST have the following:
• At least 1 full year of experience working in a CPA firm
• Have your CPA designation or be working towards obtaining it
• High level of attention to detail
• Excellent client service skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Client focus
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Lifelong commitment to learning.
Knowledge of Caseware, CCH Taxprep Suite of Products and Microsoft Office would be a definite asset.
If you are interested in joining this growing practice, please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com.
View original article here Source