Please note, this position is located at Blue Mountain Resort in The Blue Mountains, Ontario.
Flex Year Round
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
Free Alterra Mountain Pass for employees; ski or ride for free at 14 Alterra owned destinations!
Pass benefits for your family and discounted lift tickets you can share with your friends;
Staff priced meals & Starbucks treats;
Staff room rates at all our hotels;
Retail savings at Burton, Columbia, North Face, Red Devil, Hillside, and more!
The main purpose of this position is to ensure that all guest rooms are cleaned to Blue Mountain/Westin brand standards, according to our detailed training programs.
Hourly Rate of $17.43
Your choice of Seasonal or Year Round, Full Time Hours
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Clean guest rooms: make beds, change linens, dust, vacuum, replenish amenities.
- Sanitize bathrooms includes: cleaning and sanitizing (horizontal and vertical) all sinks, faucets, vanities, tubs, showers, walls and toilets.
- Cleaning the kitchen includes: loading/emptying the dishwasher, cleaning and sanitizing (horizontal and vertical) all sinks, taps, dishes, cupboards, fridge, stovetop, oven and microwave.
- Deep Cleaning units annually in a team, including assisting with moving furniture, high dusting and full clean of unit.
- Responsible for stocking and maintaining a clean/organized working environment at all times – this includes the linen lock-up, housekeeping carts, vacuums etc.
- Responsible for assisting in the removal of trash, recyclables and dirty linens as seen fit or directed.
- Clean common area as required (may include night cleaning).
- Handle guests’ complaints and take action to resolve problems – inform leadership when required.
- Assist other housekeeping employees in maintaining clean and organized working and public areas.
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOU?
- Physically fit and able to:
- lift up to 25 pounds on a continuous basis and lift up to 45 pounds (with assistance) occasionally throughout the day.
- Push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 100lbs on a continuous basis
- Bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks
- Handle repetitive physical motions, such as standing, sitting, stretching and bending
- Proven ability to work under tight time demands
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude at work
- Proven guest service ability with an attention to detail
- Previous experience in housekeeping an asset
BLUE MOUNTAIN RESORT COMPANY OVERVIEW
Blue Mountain, Ontario’s largest mountain resort is nestled on the shores of Georgian Bay, located 90 minutes north of Toronto. Blue Mountain has become the four-season destination of the North, visited by more than 1.5 million guests a year. Winter at the resort boasts 43 ski and snowboard trails enhanced by a world-class snowmaking system. Summer months offer the largest downhill mountain biking facility in Ontario, Monterra Golf course, Ridge Runner Mountain Coaster, Cascade Putting Course, Timber Challenge Ropes Course, Wind Rider Triple Zips and a private beach property among other seasonal attractions. Year-round the resort attracts visitors to more than 1,000 luxury accommodation units and 45 unique concept restaurants, bars and retail stores in our pedestrian Village. 53,000 square feet of state- of-the-art conference space caters year-round to corporate meeting groups. Blue Mountain is owned by Alterra Mountain Company and offers the Ikon Pass, the new standard in season passes. Visit www.bluemountain.ca for more information.
ALTERRA COMPANY OVERVIEW
Alterra Mountain Company is a family of 15 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation, offering the Ikon Pass, the new standard in season passes. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real estate development, food and beverage, retail and service businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with destinations across the continent, Alterra Mountain Company is rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans six U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton and Sugarbush Resort in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Crystal Mountain in Washington; Deer Valley Resort and Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. Also included in the portfolio is Alpine Aerotech, a worldwide helicopter support and maintenance service center in British Columbia, Canada. Alterra Mountain Company honors each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrates the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone.
For more information, please visit www.alterramtnco.com.
Blue Mountain Resort is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted for a position, please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the selection process. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Job ID: 43797160
Blue Mountain Resort
View original article here Source