We Help You Find Opportunities
We are excited about your interest in our personal support worker role and look forward to getting to know you better. To get your resume in front of the right recruiter for your preferred work locations you only need to apply once to the role you are interested in and well take care of the rest! Check out all the locations in the Ottawa Area and surrounding regions that you will be considered for when you apply to this role.
By applying to this posting, you will be considered for the following employment hours:
We also offer:
- Guaranteed FT (150 hrs) and PT (75 hrs) hours of work over a 4 week scheduling period
- A work environment where your scheduled shift is located in one facility
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Extended Health Benefits offerings
Your Unit Types
Your role will be working in a wide range of acute care unit types such as continuing care, medical/surgical, intensive care, emergency, rehabilitation and so much more!
- Shifts are eight (8) and twelve (12) hours in length, depending on facility placement needs
- Must be able to be scheduled for assignments that are considered urgent/last minute/early morning (e.g. called for assignments within 2 hours or from start of shift)
- Flexible to work all shifts (days, evenings, and nights), including weekdays, weekends and statutory holidays
- Required to work a minimum of 45 hours per month (for Casual employment)
- Required to work two (2) weekends per month (A “weekend” is defined as shifts covering the period from 3pm on Friday to 07:30am on Monday)
- Personal Support Worker (PSW) certificate from an Ontario Community College Program OR a private career college in Ontario that is registered with and approved by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities with successful completion of the final examination administered by the National Association of Career Colleges (NACC) OR a approved Ontario Board of Education PSW Program
- Must have clinical experience as a PSW within the past two (2) years. Recent acute care hospital experience working on a medical and surgical unit within the past two (2) years is preferred
- Must be able to communicate fluently (written and verbally) in English. Fluency in French (written and verbal) would be an asset
- Proof of current immunization for measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (MMRV), diphtheria, pertussis and hepatitis b
- Proof of negative TB skin test within the past one (1) year or negative chest x-ray within the past five (5) years
- Current BCLS-HCP (HealthCare Provider)
- Current N95 Mask Fit Test Certificate
- Current Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Certification required
- Proof of Mental Health First Aid training
- Willing to undergo Vulnerable Sector Police Check as a condition of hire
Carecor Health Services Ltd
Why Join Us
Our acute healthcare facilities provide personal support workers (PSW) with a safe and fully supported work environment where you can count on us to ensure 8-12hour shifts. Due to our sizable list of hospital clients, we cut lost commuting time out of your day by securing shifts closer to home – enabling you to meet personal commitments. Even better is the opportunity to learn from our diverse unit experiences as it inspires confidence to take on any new challenge, no matter which hospital you work in.
For over 35 years, we proudly attract and retain staff to our professionally skilled and supportive team. We specialize in acute healthcare and have expanded our reach through acquisitions, partnerships, and additional service offerings – becoming a predominant staffing agency in Ontario and Nova Scotia. Our reputation of quality is enhanced by the dedication of our people and the relationships we build. We are committed to connecting employees with flexible and rewarding work to meet their personal and professional goals. We provide clients with a full spectrum of healthcare workers specialized in patient care, digital health, and medical administration. In addition to celebrating our quality staff, we are proud recipients of the “Exemplary Standing” award from Accreditation Canada.
Carecor Health Services is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
We thank all applicants who apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
View original article here Source