Sitters are responsible to observe and assist with the care of one or two patients through comfort measures such as keeping the patient company or watching how they are doing. Under the direction of an immediate supervisor who is a registered nurse (RN) or registered practical nurse (RPN) our sitters assist with patient care plans, and in accordance with all required internal and external standards of practice.
We also offer:
- Guaranteed FT (150 hrs) and PT (75 hrs) hours of work over a 4 week scheduling period
- A work environment where your scheduled shift is located in one facility
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Extended Health Benefits offerings
We Help You Find Opportunities
We are excited about your interest in our sitter role and look forward to getting to know you better. To get your resume in front of the right recruiter for your preferred work locations you only need to apply once to the role you are interested in and well take care of the rest! Check out all the locations in the Ottawa Area and surrounding regions that you will be considered for when you apply to this role.
By applying to this posting, you will be considered for the following employment hours:
- Shifts are eight (8) and twelve (12) hours in length, depending on facility placement needs
- Must be able to be scheduled for assignments that are considered urgent/last minute/early morning (e.g. called for assignments within 2 hours or from start of shift)
- Required to work a minimum of 45 hours per month (for Casual employment)
- Flexible to work all shifts (days, evenings, and nights), including weekdays, weekends and statutory holidays
- Required to work two (2) weekends per month (A “weekend” is defined as shifts covering the period from 3pm on Friday to 07:30am on Monday)
- Must have grade 12 high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to communicate fluently (written and verbally) in English. Fluency in French (written and verbal) would be an asset.
- Must have an interest working in an acute care hospital setting
- Proof of current immunization for measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (MMRV), diphtheria, pertussis, and hepatitis b
- Proof of negative TB skin test within the past one (1) year or a negative chest x-ray within the past five (5) years
- Current CPR Level A
- Current N95 Mask Fit Test Certificate
- Current Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Certification required
- Proof of Mental Health First Aid Training
- Willing to undergo police background check as a condition of hire
Carecor Health Services Ltd
Why Join Us
Our sitter roles provide first hand exposure to healthcare clinical settings and an opportunity to hone skills as a frontline healthcare provider. Many of our sitters are students in a medical/science program with no work experience in this field.
For over 35 years, we proudly attract and retain staff to our professionally skilled and supportive team. We specialize in acute healthcare and have expanded our reach through acquisitions, partnerships, and additional service offerings – becoming a predominant staffing agency in Ontario and Nova Scotia. Our reputation of quality is enhanced by the dedication of our people and the relationships we build. We are committed to connecting employees with flexible and rewarding work to meet their personal and professional goals. We provide clients with a full spectrum of healthcare workers specialized in patient care, digital health, and medical administration. In addition to celebrating our quality staff, we are proud recipients of the “Exemplary Standing” award from Accreditation Canada.
Carecor Health Services is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
We thank all applicants who apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
View original article here Source