Our client, within the Federal Government, has an immediate requirement for a Senior Cobol Programmer (PA3), with Secret clearance, in Ottawa for a long term contract opportunity. The contract will start in mid February and run till March 31st, 2020.
The tasks of the contractor will include but are not limited to:
• Evaluate existing solutions to determine their best fit and their reusability and adaptability in the design and development of a new application.
• Assess impacts and perform analysis of new functional and business requirements to define new system requirements;
• Work with the IT resources and business client to prepare user stories and mature the business requirements for the new system;
• Develop components of a new operational system, including applicable programs, input/output sources and procedures;
• Develop, test and implement mainframe IT solutions;
• Document program design and quality assurance standards to be used during the implementation phase;
• Review the analysis and programming of other Programmer/Analysts and provide feedback to ensure quality;
• Perform independent verification and validation of software applications and systems function and performance;
• Prepare the system for production releases and coordinate all changes with impacted partners;
• Support systems in test and production environments and do problem resolution/debugging
• Provide technical coaching for other members of the team;
• Participation in regularly scheduled and ad-hoc team meetings throughout the project;
• Support and use client selected methodologies and best practices.
To be considered candidates must have, or be eligible for, Federal Government Security Clearance at the Secret Level
Candidates must also have a Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or a related field and 10 years experience in programming experience.
Candidates must also have a minimum of 8 years (in the last 10 years) of doing IBM/JCL/Cobol analysis, development, testing, implementation and maintenance.
Candidates will also be evaluated on the following desired skills:
– Experience using Expeditor
– Experience using Endevor
– Experience in Agile development (SCRUM)
– Experience in DB2 database technology
– Experience in Control – M
Candidate applications must be received by Thursday, January 17th
Candidates outside of Ottawa will be considered but travel, relocation and accommodations (for both the interview and work assignment) will be at the individuals expense.
In-person interviews will take place in late January or early February
Please submit your resume to Randstad Technologies at www.randstad.ca under job posting # 2140291 for immediate consideration