Attention all Disability Case workers working with disability claims in the GTA. Do you enjoy working with complex medical documentation and determining plans according to their benefit plans and disability claims? Do you have experience with American group benefits and claims? If you do, then we have an AMAZING role for you to apply to. We are currently partnering with a fantastic company who is growing stronger in the Canadian market for a Sr. Disability Representative.
Your responsibilities and essential functions to this role is, but not limited to:
• Providing disability case management and claim determinations based on medical documentation and specific plan documents
• Analyze and approve claims and determine the benefits
• Utilize company resources in assessments
• Make claims payments and adjustments for workers compensation, social security and other disability programs
• Communicates with all involved parties (claimants and providers) to set expectations regarding return to work
• Manage the medical disability claims and ensure all compliance is going according to guidelines during the duration of the claim
• Strong communication with the claimant on all aspects of their claim: incl all required documents, timelines, payment information, status of claims
• Evaluates and arranges claims referrals to outside vendors (physician reviews, surveillance, independent medical evaluation, functional capability evaluation, etc)
• Negotiating return to work
• Other duties as required
What do you get out of working for this company as the Sr Disability Representative:
• Great salary – based on experience, $65000-80000/year
• Full benefits
• Great pension plan
• After probation and training period you will have the option to have work from home days
What qualities and skills do you possess to be the successful person in this recruit?
• Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role
• You have worked with disability claims in the United States and have strong knowledge of American claims practices
• You are a driven person who is a team player
• French bilingual is strongly preferred
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Knowledge of Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and Social Security application procedures
• You have excellent oral and written communication
• You are Tech forward and computer savvy
• Excellent MS Office skills
Please reach out to Kim at 905.528.3400×3 or firstname.lastname@example.org as this position is looking to fill immediately!
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.