Full job description
Job Posting – Senior Cabinet Maker
FOSON & Beyond Kitchens Inc. is looking for a Senior Cabinet Maker to join our team! This position is for crafting, assembling, producing custom cabinets and fine wooden millwork. This position will need to produce quality cabinets to specification by designing and or reading blueprints using hand tools and woodworking machines. The senior cabinet maker will also be responsible for maintaining a clean and tidy work area, conducting regular maintenance of tools, and machinery and assisting other carpenters and cabinet makers. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
What We Offer
• Competitive Wages: $25 – $35 per hour (based on experience)
• Quality Orientation
• Time Management
• Creative and Innovative Thinking
• Development and Continual Learning
• Problem Solving
• Build cabinets, bars, fireplaces, closets, custom millwork for kitchens & vanities.
• Build architectural millwork
• Assembly cabinets to their specifications.
• Installing cabinetry hardware such as hinges, drawer tracks, custom hardware, glass inserts, and cabinetry pulls
• Use table saws, rulers, measuring tapes and electronic equipment to accurately measure wood for cutting and shaping.
• Ensure excellent fit, finish and operability.
• Inspecting products during and after assembly process to ensure quality standards
• Safe operation of various hand and power tools required
• Ensuring projects are being completed efficiently and on time
• Collaborate with coworkers to ensure quality and efficiency levels are kept
• Keep tools and work area clean
• Maintain a safe work environment.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Ability to work independently.
• Minimum 5 years plus of experience as a cabinet maker.
• Knowledge of carpentry in the kitchen, millwork, and furniture installation.
• Ability to read and understand shop drawings.
• Able to lift heavy materials.
• Teamwork oriented.
• Positive attitude.
• Knowledge of safe operation of hand and power tools.
• Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures.
• Knowledge of First Aid and CPR an asset.
• Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
• Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Ability to detect, isolate, and identify irregularities and malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00-$35.00 per hour
• Cabinet Making: 5 years (Required)
• Wood Working: 8 years (Preferred)
• G Drivers Licence (preferred)
• If you are interested in this position, please reply in confidence by sending resume to email address provided. We will contact those who qualify to arrange an interview.
View original article here Source