Proficient in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office, REVIT (optional)
• Knowledge of 2D and 3D rendering/modeling programs Sketchup is highly desireable.
Qualification And Abilities
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic personality with excellent English proficiency.
• Ability to interact effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
• Experienced to maintain excellent working relationship with clients and exceptional problem solving skills.
• Ability to efficiently manage time and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written skills and etiquette.
• Ability to meet deadlines and follow-through.
• Creative and thoughtful attention to detail.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once with minimal to no supervision.
• Ability to assemble construction documents, contract administration.
• Knowledge of construction practices and building/finishing materials.
• Strong knowledge of building science, technology and assembly, construction methodology, materials application and interpretation of manufacturers requirements.
• Strong knowledge of the 2012 Ontario building code (especially Part 9) and Fire Code.
• Knowledgeable in ULC and CSA Standards is an asset.
• Excellent communication and graphic skills are therefore a must.
• Ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines; yet remain spontaneous and positive.
• Own vehicle a necessity for site visits, permit pick-up/drop-off.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Experience creating drawings for Industrial, Commercial, Institutional & Residential.
• Create working drawings for all stages of project delivery including client approval, coordination with consultants/engineers tender submission, permit approval, construction, & as built (Post Construction).
• Develop details with design intent.
• Prepare presentation drawings.
• Create full sets of working drawings compliant with applicable building codes and bylaws.
• Space planning.
• Client Correspondence.
• Development of construction contract documents for projects of varying scope; from schematic design through to construction administration with minimal supervision.
• Analysis of applicable building codes, by-laws and other technical documents and reports a project may be subject to.
• Document coordination with other disciplines, analyzing potential risks or conflicts and progressing solutions in a timely manner.
• Contract administration duties including municipal approval, shop drawing review, responding to RFI’s, site visits, field observations, reporting, etc.
• Liaising with Project Managers, Lead Designers and Engineers as required.
• Assist with and or managing construction administration services.
View original article here Source