Skills Required for Truck or Trailer Mechanic:
• Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of commercial transport trucks
• Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer’s specifications.
• Diagnose mechanical/electrical problems.
• Preventative maintenance
• Test and adjust units to specifications
• Complete reports to record problems and work performed
• Inspect and test mechanical units to locate faults and malfunctions
• Diagnose faults and malfunctions and confirm findings with supervisor to determine whether to repair or replace unit
• Repair or replace mechanical units or components
310T, 310J Mechanic License or working towards Certification
• Must have minimum 1 year of hands on experience.
• Must have own safety shoes and own toolbox.
• Physical effort and dexterity is required, lifting up to 50 pounds, including service-related tools.
• Exposure to exhaust, grease and shop noise.
Salary – Based on experience.
Mon – Thurs 7 am – 4:30 pm, Fri – 7 am 3:30 pm.
44 hour work week
• 310T, 310J or working toward Certification.
View original article here Source