Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine
dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup
• Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work-piece as
guides for subsequent machining as necessary.
• Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and
materials on machines as necessary to machine parts as required.
• Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow,
and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized
machine control media according to established guidelines and procedures.
• Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining,
and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
• Verifies conformance of finished work-piece to specifications, using measuring and inspection
tools as necessary.
• Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or
programmed control data.
• Performs routine maintenance tasks on machines as required.
• Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or
• Maintain a clean and organized work area and maintain all equipment, to like new appearance,
according to maintenance plans and established procedures
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get
along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
• Continue to grow lean knowledge and use the tools to identify and assist with continuous
• Ensure that safe work practices are followed and adhered to.
View original article here Source