The primary role of the Export Air and Ocean Coordinator is to provide complete international freight forwarding service to internal and external customers that meet and exceed their requirements. $17/Hr Full time.
• Provide exceptional customer service in all aspects of air and ocean, Imports and exports , freight forwarding, including quoting, updating load status, and coordinating customs clearance.
• Arrange shipments with major shipping lines, airlines, transport companies and courier companies.
• Manage shipment deliveries according to the customers’ contract and letter of credit instructions.
• Ensure all shipping documentation are provided and issued accurately and in a timely manner i.e. BOL, invoices, packing list, certificate of origin and clearance instructions.
• Collect, analyze and distribute necessary paperwork for country specific customs in collaboration with the customs broker.
• Coordinate with the warehouse on scheduling inbound and outbound freight.
• Establish and maintain relationships with overseas partners and carriers to ensure the best terms of service, quality and cost.
• Quickly and proactively resolve any shipment issues.
• Meet specific company growth, revenue, and profitability objectives on a file-by-file basis through effective carrier negotiation against established customer rates.
• Provide rates / quotes to internal and external customers. Provide detailed analysis on the competitive landscape for selected service offerings and lanes.
• Ensure all necessary paperwork and information is submitted to Accounting.
• Recommend services to new and existing customers to meet or exceed their needs.
• Provide updates to management and sales on individual account sales performance as requested.
• Prepare CAED/B13 / CERS export declaration document for air and ocean freight as requested.
• Other duties and assignments as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Education and Industry Knowledge
• High school diploma.
• College Diploma / University Degree in Business, Logistics or International Trade is an asset.
• CITT and CIFFA are assets.
• Minimum 3 – 5 years of international freight forwarding experience in a similar position.
• Working knowledge with International Freight Forwarding Documentation.
• Knowledge of CARGO is an asset.
• Working knowledge of international import / export rules and regulations, Inco terms.
• Strong knowledge of the international market and geography.
• Customs Clearance / Freight Forwarding experience is an asset.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g., Outlook, Word).
• Intermediate computer skills required in Excel (i.e., filter, sort, formulas).
• Working knowledge of transportation management software is an asset.
Business Strategy Skills
• Dedicated commitment to providing superior, timely internal and external customer service.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in verbal and written form.
• Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills in a team environment.
• Highly organized with the ability to multi-task.
• Team cooperation and respect is required.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Work well under pressure in a time sensitive environment.
Please e-mail your resume with cover letter with “Export Air and Ocean” in the subject line. JOB: Global Logistics Management Inc. Thanks to all applicants. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Global Logistics Management Inc
“Since 2000 Customer Service is the Key to our Door” 21Years of Excellence
Commercial Cargo & Personal Effects Imports & Exports / Cars & Heavy Equipment Exports
151 Brunel Road Unit #18, Mississauga, Ontario L4Z 2H6 Canada
T: 905.501.9959 F: 905.501.9005 C: 416.300.5025 E: email@example.com
View original article here Source