- Dufresne Furniture and Appliances
- Job Type
Furniture Repair Technician Career Opportunity!
Dufresne Furniture and Appliances is currently seeking a Furniture Repair Technician for ourBrandon storelocated at 1885 – 18th Street North.
As a Furniture Repair Technician you will be responsible for repairs and refinishes on furniture, including case goods, upholstery, leather, and some electronic furniture products.
Dufresne Furniture and Appliances is committed to investing in our team members; we offer:
- Market competitive wages;
- Comprehensive benefits plan and excellent employee discounts;
- Employer Sponsored Retirement Savings Plan;
- Career growth and continuous development;
- Respectful and family-oriented working environment with strong company values.
As the Furniture Repair Technician you will:
- Assessment of product to determine repair requirements
- Restore product to showroom condition using proven techniques, including refinishing, re-upholstery, painting, etc.
- Answer Customers questions before, during, and following repairs, including providing directions for future use and care of product
- Repair damaged stock and Customer product as scheduled by supervisor
- Documentation and completion of service reports and paperwork (including the use of electronic reporting systems),
- Attend and support training on furniture repair topics.
- Inspection and validation of repair parts.
- Operating and supporting maintenance requirements for service vehicles
- Understand and follow all safe work practices and rules including WHMIS
As a successful candidate you will have the following:
- High School diploma with practical work experience in furniture repair, upholstery, leather, woodworking or finish and fine carpentry
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as instructions for use, directions and safety manuals
- Good computer skills with working knowledge of MS Office products and ability to learn in-house computer programs
- Demonstrated ability to safely operate various hand and power tools, as well as larger machinery
- Ability to learn in-house inventory management system
- Good verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently and manage time effectively
- Valid Class 5 Drivers license with clean drivers abstract
- Physically fit, able to lift and move objects up to 50 lbs
- Able to conduct physical work in warm and cold conditions
- Some exposure to solvents
- Operates various equipment (dock levellers, hand trucks, cardboard baler and reach truck etc)
- Flexible schedule requirements including evenings and weekends
- Available to work overtime as required
- Criminal Record Check required
- Other duties as assigned
We are one of Canadas 50 Best Managed Companies!
Dufresne Furniture and Appliances has created a strong reputation for great product assortments and providing home furnishing solutions to the Canadian consumer built on a foundation of service excellence. For over 30 years Dufresne has continued to stand on our promise of A Better Experience.
The Dufresne Better Experience is for everyone. Our guests, our team members what about you?
Apply now at www.dufresne.ca/careers!
Dufresne Furniture and Appliances welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Dufresne Furniture and Appliances
Published at Fri, 16 Feb 2018 14:48:02 -0500