- Work on cutting-edge defence contracts
- Earn a starting hourly salary of $26.89, based on skills and experience, plus cost of living allowance and benefits
- Grow your career with a Fortune 500 company
About the Organization
General Dynamics Land Systems-Canada (GDLS-C) is a global defence industry leader in providing land and amphibious combat vehicle solutions. Based in London, ON, the Canadian operations employ approximately 1,700 people who design, manufacture, and support light and medium armoured vehicles. Our specialists are among Canadas finest in the defence industry who excel in the areas of machining, materials, electronics, software development, prototyping, logistic support, and systems integration. We are driven by the need to provide innovative solutions to our customers and continuously strive to create new technologies that we can use to build cutting-edge solutions.
GDLS-C is a company with a proud London, ON heritage, and we take our role in the community very seriously. We are proud to have a workforce with varied backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. As a leading Canadian defence company, many of our people are current or former service members. We place a high priority on safety and security for our customers, our people, and Canada.
For more information, please visit our website.
About the Opportunity
Currently, GDLS-C is looking for full-time Weld Inspectors to join their Production and Delivery team
You will be responsible for inspecting welds at various stages of the build process within weld departments.
Your duties will also include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizing and following work instructions to ensure quality acceptance of weldments and fabrications
- Using of a flashlight, ultrasound gauges and weld gauges to ensure thickness, depth and size of the welds are accurate
- Marking and recording the information when non-conformances are found
- Completing inspections inside, in laydown areas, in trunnions or in open floor areas
- Utilizing portable stepladders to access the interior of the units as well as inspect the upper areas on units
In order to qualify for this role, you will need 1 years experience as a weld inspector. You will also need be CWB Certified CSA W178.2 Level I or AWS QC1 CAWI certified, with previous experience in quality assurance and welding inspecting.
The following skills and experiences will be required:
- Comprehension and application of CSA W59 or AWS D1.1 Structural Steel Code
- The ability to interpret Engineering Rendering Drawings, including GD&T Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- The ability to complete inspections in the interior of units requiring other body postures (i.e. crouching, kneeling, and squatting) due to restricted clearances
About the Benefits
You will receive a starting hourly salary of $26.89, based on skills, knowledge, and experience, with a cost of living allowance. In addition, you will receive:
- Quarterly performance bonus
- Provision of all equipment required to perform your job
- Shift premium of 5% for afternoon and 10% for midnight shifts
- Company paid, comprehensive benefit package, including health and dental for yourself and your eligible dependants, basic life and supplemental life insurance
- Company pension plan with company match – 4% contribution required
- A unique opportunity to help Canada in its line of defence
- And many more!
General Dynamics Land Systems Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.
If you want to work on exciting defence contracts, submit your application below!
General Dynamics Land Systems-Canada
View original article here Source