- Work on cutting-edge defence contracts
- Earn a competitive annual salary of $120,000 , based on skills and experience, plus benefits
- Grow your career with a Fortune 500 company
About the Organization
General Dynamics Land Systems-Canada (GDLS-C) is a global defence industry leader in providing land and amphibious combat vehicle solutions. Based in London, ON, the Canadian operations employ approximately 1,700 people who design, manufacture, and support light and medium armoured vehicles. Our specialists are among Canadas finest in the defence industry who excel in the areas of machining, materials, electronics, software development, prototyping, logistic support, and systems integration. We are driven by the need to provide innovative solutions to our customers and continuously strive to create new technologies that we can use to build cutting-edge solutions.
GDLS-C is a company with a proud London, ON heritage, and we take our role in the community very seriously. We are proud to have a workforce with varied backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. As a leading Canadian defence company, many of our people are current or former service members. We place a high priority on safety and security for our customers, our people, and Canada.
For more information, please visit our website.
About the Opportunity
Currently, GDLS-C is looking for a full-time Tax Manager to join their Tax team in London, Ontario.
Reporting to the General Dynamics Combat Segment Tax Director, as Tax Manager, you will be responsible for managing and delivering a full range of services for all tax matters within General Dynamics Land Systems group of Canadian companies.
Your duties will also include, but are not limited to:
- Effectively communicating complex tax matters to allow non-tax business leaders to understand the risks, opportunities, and strategies involved in tax matters
- Building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Working with Combat and Corporate Headquarters tax team to provide innovative tax planning strategies in compliance with laws and regulations
- Managing corporate tax compliance in all jurisdictions, including income and commodity taxes
- Overseeing the computation of the annual Scientific Research and Experimental Development tax credit claim
- Managing the quarterly and annual income tax provision process
- Overseeing all international tax matters including transfer pricing
- Implementing process and system improvements
- Training staff, and reviewing and evaluating their work
In order to qualify for this role, you will need 5 years experience in Canadian corporate taxes, and a Chartered Professional Accountant designation. 2 years of supervisory experience would be preferred, but candidates with less experience will be considered if they are the right fit.
The following skills and experiences will also be required:
- Completion of an In-Depth Tax Course or Masters of Tax
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong working relationships and work effectively with all levels in a team environment
- Familiarity with Taxprep, and with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to coach and manage team members
About the Benefits
You will receive a competitive annual salary of $120,000 , based on skills, knowledge, and experience. In addition, you will receive:
- Enjoy a hybrid work environment
- Provision of all equipment required to perform your job
- Company paid, comprehensive benefit package – health, vision and dental for yourself and your dependants, and life and disability insurance
- Retirement Savings Employee Profit Sharing – including company match
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- A unique opportunity to help Canada in its line of defence
- And many more!
General Dynamics Land Systems Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.
If you want to work on exciting defence contracts, submit your application below!
General Dynamics Land Systems-Canada
View original article here Source