We are looking to fill a permanent, full-time position for a staff accountant in our small accounting firm in St. Thomas.
We offer a friendly, collaborative work environment, competitive salary, medical/dental insurance, and flexible vacation time.
– Minimum of 2 years accounting experience in public accounting or working in industry
– Experience with Sage accounting software, Quickbooks accounting software, or similar accounting software, Microsoft Word and Excel, tax software
– Knowledge of basic personal and corporate taxation
– Organized – you’re disciplined in multitasking and meeting deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality
– An excellent communicator – you have strong interpersonal skills and can communicate well with clients both in person, via email and phone in a professional and friendly manner
– Independent – you can work with minimal supervision while maintaining quality and attention to detail
– Bookkeeping for clients in various industries
– Preparation of general ledger detail and supporting reconciliations
– Administer existing reports and create new, customized reports as required
– Preparation of Notice to Reader year end financial statements, T2 corporate tax returns and files including all necessary working papers and documentation
– Preparation of personal T1 tax returns and tax return assembly
– Preparation of government filings such as source deductions, HST, and other information slips (T5, T4, T4A etc.)
– Preparation of basic payroll for clients if requested
– Office management duties such as procurement of office supplies and managing the general phone mailbox
How to apply:
Applicants are requested to send in their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Selected candidates will be contacted to set up an interview.
View original article here Source