Hiring Registered Nurse (RN) in Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, Guelph, Burlington.
What you bring to our team?
· RN or RPN in good standing with the College of Nurses in Ontario
· Experience in community nursing is preferred, preference will be given to candidates with palliative care experience
· Access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license and insurance
· Availability to work every other weekend
· Availability to participate in rotational on call responsibilities
· A passion for making a difference in your community
Why join our Client’s team?
· Paid training
· Company-paid work device for mileage and client tracking purposes
· Competitive compensation including paid training, mileage compensation, competitive wages, and health/dental benefits
· Employee discount program
· One on one patient care
· Supportive supervisors and coordination team
· Continuous learning and training opportunities
· Registration/licensing with provincial regulatory college in good standing
· Preferably has a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a practicing Registered Practical Nurse/Registered Nurse ideally in a community setting
· C.N.A. certification as a Community Health Nurse is an asset
· Working knowledge of applicable legislation including Mental Health Act, Substitute Decisions Act, Healthcare Consent Act, Privacy / Personal Health Information Act and others
· Superior oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with clients and families to ensure that barriers to communication do not impact the client’s ability to direct their own care process
· Effective skills in critical thinking and problem solving
· Knowledge of applicable community resources available for clients and families
· Current certification (within the past 12 months) of First Aid, CPR, completed within Canada
· Able to provide a current, clear Vulnerable Position Screening (VPS)
· Obtains informed consent prior to and throughout service provision
· Works collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team consisting of government agencies, healthcare workers, and other community resources
· Provides safe, competent, compassionate and ethical nursing care to ensure the personal safety of clients
· Uses appropriate assessment tools and techniques in consultation with clients and the health care team to assess clients regarding physical, emotional, spiritual, cultural, cognitive, developmental, environmental and social needs
· Engages client using a collaborative approach, building rapport and trust, achieving a mutual understanding and agreement to identify actual and potential client health care needs, strengths, capacities and goals.
· Establishes and maintains appropriate professional boundaries with clients and the health care team, including the distinction between social interaction and therapeutic relationships
· Participates in necessary care conferences with Health Care team
· Maintains the knowledge, skills and attitudes to provide safe, efficient, effective care in all areas of practice by keeping abreast of changes in practice setting that affect scope of practice
· Maintains professional client records related to client encounters and plans in compliance with organizational policies and the standards applied by the regulatory body or Nursing college.
· Shows respect for cultural needs, dignity, privacy and confidentiality of clients
· Discharges client when goals have been achieved
· Other duties as assigned
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
View original article here Source