Program Name: eHomecare (includes Hospice at Home)
Work Schedule: Full Shifts (Priority Night Shifts)*
Union/Bargaining Unit: CLAC
*Please note: current VON employees can review specific vacancies on VON’s Internal Job Board. Bargaining unit members will be given priority consideration for active vacancies.
VON is currently seeking passionate and caring individuals with big hearts for our exciting NEW Hospice at Home community program!
Enhanced PSWs (also referred to as Health Care Technicians or HCTs) provide complex care to palliative clients through a holistic, family-centred approach.
In this role, you will enable clients to remain at home for a graceful and dignified end-of-life journey. You’ll provide compassionate personal support and homemaking services to clients and families in support of their independence and well-being.
In this technology-enabled virtual model of care, you will provide bedside care to clients using a mobile application in collaboration with a Directing Registered Nurse and other members of an empathetic health care team.
Training will be provided to support advanced skill sets and requirements.
PSWs may be scheduled to work anywhere in London, Middlesex County and/or Elgin County.
This position is eligible for the $3.00 per hour wage enhancement from the Ontario Government for all hours spent directly caring for clients.
Education, Designations and Experience:
- Certificate in Personal Support Worker (PSW) program, Health Care Aide (HCA) or Home Support Worker (HSW Level I, II, III) are preferred
- Paramedics, Developmental Service Workers (DSWs), nursing students, internationally educated nurses and other types of support staff are also welcome to apply!
- Fundamentals of Palliative Care – Level 1 course completion or a commitment to take the next available course (within the first year of employment)
- AHPCE course completion is an asset
- Must have access to a personal vehicle for work and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- A Criminal Records Check will be required
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further information and contact details. /guarantee*
Victorian Order of Nurses
View original article here Source