Together were going places! Voyago is currently recruiting for a part-time Paratransit Driver in London, Ontario.
Voyago is Ontarios Leading Mobility company, a subsidiary of Transdev. Were hiring dynamic, high achievers looking to be Difference Makers within the industry. Voyago continues to advance across Ontario with our multi-model diverse platform covering all mobility segments, including Medical Transportation, Student Transportation, and Public sectors with Mass Transit, Para Transit, and On Demand Personal Mobility.
Our employee success is built on our commitment and emphasis on training and orientation process. Voyago prides itself on the growth of our employees by supporting and encouraging them to develop skills that lead to successful careers.
Voyago believes in the strength of our people and remains committed to our Golden Values statement created to reflect our promise of performance to our employees, customers, and communities in which we operate.
Our teams are continuously recognized as top performers in client programs and Safety awards. Voyago is proud to be recognized as one of Canadas Safest Employers and a recipient of the Excellence Award. If youre a self-starter looking for an opportunity to demonstrate your achievements come join us, apply today.
We are a service provider for the City of London for the Specialized Transit Service and have been the primary operator since 2006. This public transportation service provides over 260,000 trips per year for those individuals who physically cannot use the regular public transit buses.
Voyago’s Paratransit Drivers provide superior customer service and work closely with individuals with special needs. Drivers are required to aid passengers boarding the bus, maneuvering wheelchairs, fastening Q-Straint belts, lifting portable assistive devices, and assisting ambulatory passengers. The Paratransit Driver ensures all passengers, devices and mobility aids are restrained and secure as well as provide passengers with information on fares, schedules, and stops. A manifest is provided daily and Drivers are required to have a solid geographical knowledge of the City of London to ensure efficient routing.
The ideal candidate will posses the following qualifications that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Holds a valid G, B, E, or F Licence (FREE licence upgrade provided at no cost to the candidate).
- Must have a clean drivers abstract and obtain a recent copy for a driver file.
- Must provide clear Criminal Record Search with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Display safe and defensive driving techniques.
- Ability to work independently.
- Have a sound knowledge of the City of London and be capable of planning own routing
- Be available to work flexible hours (service runs 7 days/week, 365 days/year) New employees are required to be available for evening, weekend, and holiday shifts.
- Be physically capable of performing repetitive lifting of objects up to 60 lbs.
- Must have own transportation to work
- Experience with wheelchairs and/or Qstraints is an asset
Why work for us?
- Free Licence upgrade
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Rewarding career with a growing company
- Great company culture
- Opportunity to pick up hours through other divisions
Voyago is committed to provide accommodation for individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request of the internal or external applicant. If you require an accommodation due to a disability for an interview, please notify Human Resources directly to make appropriate arrangements when contacted for an interview.
We thank all applicants however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job ID: 23083351
View original article here Source