Founded in Kingston in 1954, Homestead Land Holdings Limited has grown to become one of Canada’s largest and most respected owners of multi-residential apartment buildings. The founding principles of the company are still in place today, which are to provide residents with affordable, secure housing with a standard of care in which we would treat our own family members.
Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
General Plumbing Duties (most important):
- Change faucets, taps, toilets, valves, shower heads, tap washers, plunge toilets, use a snake, change a P trap, flex line, leaks etc.
General Electrical Duties:
- Change smoke detectors, light switches, fluorescent tubes, receptacles, fuses, fixtures, ceiling fans, stove elements, oven elements etc.
- Test a generator
- Use power tools
- Replace all burnt out light bulbs
- Change counter tops, door locks, mail locks, doors, closets, cupboards, shelves, door closers, cabinets, kick plates, towel bars, hinges, drawer slides, cracks/holes in dry wall etc.
Life Safety Systems
- Re-set fire alarms, operate fire extinguisher,
- Inspect fire system and complete daily and weekly fire log book
Hallways & Stairwells:
- Repair and report all common area deficiencies including: faulty door closures, plaster blisters, graffiti and vandalism, tile repairs, carpet repairs, etc.
- All cleaning duties as required to assist staff when short handed
This is a physically demanding role where safety rules must be followed.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered will be contacted directly.
Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Please make needs known in advance.
Please apply on our website www.homestead.ca/careers and be sure to include your resume.
HomeStead Land Holdings Limited
View original article here Source