· Looking to fill a permanent Full-Time position for a Livestock Technician.
· We have early morning starts on our production days, which are on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday; start times are 4am, 5am and 4am respectively.
· Production continues until completion, and is usually 7-8 hours on Monday, 4-5 hours on Wednesday, and 7-8 hours on Friday.
· The primary aspect of this job is to work with the boars to collect their semen.
· We also operate on Tuesday & Thursday, which mainly focuses on cleaning, moving animals, record-keeping, repairs, etc.
· A weekend feedings schedule is also required, usually one weekend per month.
· As our facilities are located in the country, potential candidates will ideally have their drivers licence and access to a vehicle.
· Ideally, the candidate will have previously worked with livestock animals. (Cows, pigs, horses, etc.). We provide full on-site training.
Wage: Starting Wage: $19.00 – $20.00 /hour *subject to experience and qualifications
After 3 months, we have an employee benefits program too.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.00-$20.00 per hour
For bio-security reasons, all of our barns have a policy of showering in every time. All barn clothes, coveralls, and safety gear is provided by our company. If we don’t have your size for clothes or safety boots, we will immediately purchase them.
View original article here Source