Please apply via the following link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=438e2bd7-167d-4b31-8245-253fdd5cc70d&ccId=168299465894_2&jobId=438155&source=CC2⟨=en_CA
Position Summary and Job Magnitude
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for assisting in the administrative and managerial work that involves coordinating and supervising the entire operations of a student housing property and may act as the Community Manager in their absence. The Assistant General Manager must possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and demonstrate leadership. They must be able to delegate responsibilities, organize projects, and establish priorities consistent with company objectives.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
• Completing duties as assigned by the Community Manager on a daily basis
• Plan and delegate daily work assignments
• Assist the Community Manager in planning and managing daily operations of the property
• Assist the Community Manager in planning and managing operational expenses within the allocated budget
• Oversee tenant move-in, move-out and evictions
• Schedule and attend hearings with the Landlord and Tenant Board (LTB)
• Work in tandem with the Accounts Manager to manage financial activities for rent collection, rent increase and late payments
• Work in tandem with Leasing and Marketing Manager to develop new leasing and marketing strategies
• Work in tandem with Service Manager to process work orders in a timely and accurate manner
• Assist Community Manager with reporting or projects that will be reviewed by the corporate team
• Direct and supervise, maintaining strong communication with all staff members and internal departments at the property.
• Minimizes turnover and encourages employees via positive reinforcement
• Ensures that that the safety, well-being, and concerns of all residents are being met in a respectful and efficient manner
• Ensures that all required resident documentation is received and maintained (leases and deposits)
• Closely observe team members responses to emails, leads, texts and phone calls that we are providing the best customer service possible
• Ensures that all information requests and documents are dealt with immediately
• Any other duty as assigned
Health & Safety
• Works in compliance with the provisions of the OHSA, regulations and internal policies and procedures and reports any contraventions to their supervisor.
• Uses or wears the equipment, protective devices or clothing that Integris Student Living requires.
• Reports to the appropriate supervisor(s) any hazards, missing or defective equipment or protective device which could endanger any person.
• Does not engaging in any prank, contest, feat of strength, unnecessary running or rough and boisterous conduct.
• Reports any risks or potential risks of violence or harassment encountered in the workplace immediately to supervisor.
• Knows, understands and implements safe work practices and procedures and employs established rules and procedures for handling materials, equipment and processes (e.g. Reporting unlabeled containers, using proper lifting techniques, etc.)
• Requests that worn out or defective equipment be replaced, when appropriate.
• Uses equipment and materials only in the manner intended.
• Reports any injuries, incidents and unusual conditions immediately to supervisor.
• Inspects the work area and equipment daily and reports any hazards immediately to supervisor.
• Attends all required health and safety training programs (e.g. WHMIS, orientation), and applies knowledge to daily operating procedures at Integris Student Living.
Performance will be primarily measured on the following factors:
• Inter-Personal Skills
• Customer Service
• Skill & Knowledge
• Adaptability & Flexibility
• Organizing & Planning
• Overall Performance
• Health & Safety Responsibilities
Education: Recognized College Diploma or University Degree
Skills/Abilities: Must possess superior verbal and written communication skills
Must possess proficient computer skills
Must possess excellent employee management skills and decision-making ability
Must be able to handle multiple projects at once
Must be able to provide leadership to staff
Experience Required: Minimum of 2 years industry experience or equivalent management experience
Experience with property management software preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is Integris Student Living’s policy to promote equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Integris Student Living does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status or sexual orientation.
Integris Student Living prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the grounds listed above. This applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and promotion. If you require accommodation in order to successfully submit an application, please email us to make your accommodation request.
View original article here Source