Job Location: Tillsonburg District Memorial Hospital (167 Rolph St, Tillsonburg, ON N4G 3Y9)
Job Description: Reporting to the Physician, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for planning and monitoring the daily organization of a busy Orthopaedic practice and providing secretarial support to the Physician in their clinical practice responsibilities.
• Successful completion of a diploma in Medical Office administration is preferred
• Minimum two years recent, related experience in a Physician’s office or clinical environment
• Demonstrated proficient transcription skills
• Demonstrated proficient knowledge of medical terminology
• Demonstrated computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerchart, Cerner and database management)
• Demonstrated proficiency and knowledge of computerized OHIP billing
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate professionally (both verbal and written) with all staff, patients, and their families
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize effectively and accurately
• Demonstrated excellent problem solving and decision making skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and be empathetic and sensitive to patient needs as per hospital policies
• Ability to identify and bring forward to the physician, issues/items, and concerns
• Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to the principles of patient family centered care
• Demonstrated ability to be punctual, conscientious, and detail oriented.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Please be advised that a reference check will be conducted as part of the selection process. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, will be required to provide a satisfactory police information check (original document) completed in the last 3 months.
Please send Resume and Cover Letter to the following email address:
Orthopaedic Associates Management Inc.
Victoria Hospital, London Health Sciences Centre
View original article here Source