Are you a dynamic, energetic and creative individual who aspires to have a fulfilling career? Join the Leads Team in providing specialized employment and skills development services for people with disabilities and / or barriers. Since 1986, Leads has placed over 20,000 individuals in employment in Southwestern Ontario. Apply today for a full time (35 hours per week) position.
The Employment Specialist or Employment Supports Worker assists individuals with disabilities in developing and enhancing skills to seek and retain employment; assess labour markets; outreach to employers to promote employment opportunities, outreach to job seekers and the community to build trusting relationships and partnerships; provide support on and/or off job site to improve job retention; support employers in providing accommodations or clients’ work related issues; maintain communication with employers, clients, advocates and community; complete required and legislated documentation.
Requirements – you must have:
• An undergraduate degree, graduate degree or Community College diploma in Business/Social Services /Human Services/Education or relevant field of study and a minimum of three years’ experience in a related Business/Social Services /Human Services/Education or relevant sector.
• Flexibility to work hours to accommodate clients’ needs which may result in overtime.
• Reliable transportation to provide services in London and surrounding areas.
• Bilingual in French or other languages would be an asset
• A current satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Criminal Check and First Aid / CPR and CPI certification; or be willing to obtain certification.
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
• Must be able to provide proof of two doses COVID-19 vaccination or documentation for medical exemption or reason related to protected grounds under the Human Rights Code as per Provincial Health Care regulations
If you enjoy Working Conditions that include:
• Influencing others and team work
• Interacting with individuals, family members, staff, visitors and government agencies;
• Travelling to provide services in clients’ and employers’ home location;
• Accountability driven with high level of documentation and data tracking;
• Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, lifting and supporting clients;
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter telling us what interests you about the role of Employment Specialist or Support Worker and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating “ES/ESW – London and Area” in the subject line.
Leads offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. Wages range from $20.50 to $22.55 per hour depending on experience.
Leads Employment Services is dedicated to recruiting and retaining an inclusive, diverse, qualified workforce. Leads is committed to hiring practices that are fair, equitable and endeavour to provide accommodations in the recruitment and interview process upon request. If you are selected for an interview, please notify the hiring committee to your requirement for accommodation.
Please note: only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
View original article here Source