Founded in Kingston in 1954, Homestead Land Holdings Limited has grown to become one of Canada’s largest and most respected owners of multi-residential apartment buildings. The founding principles of the company are still in place today, which are to provide residents with affordable, secure housing with a standard of care in which we would treat our own family members.
Why work for Homestead?
- Rent-Free Apartment
- No Commute
- Competitive Salary
- Extensive Benefit Package
- Hands-on work
- On-the-job Training
- Opportunities for Personal & Professional Growth
- Family-Oriented & Friendly Environment
We are seeking a live-in Community Representative who is energetic, detail-oriented and hard-working. This role is maintenance focused (minor plumbing and electrical) with some elements of cleaning duties and office coverage. You will be a point of contact in the apartment building and will primarily complete work orders/repairs. The schedule for this position is a rotating one where the successful candidate will be working every other weekend and have:
Week 1: Thursday, Friday off
Week 2: Saturday, Sunday off
- Facilitate work orders and perform minor maintenance in plumbing & electrical and various repairs
- Conduct building inspections
- Ensure cleanliness of common areas & corridors
- Prepare apartments for new residents
- Other grounds maintenance
- Ensure resident safety and security at all times
- Respond appropriately and professionally to emergencies
- Maintain fire safety logs and winter logs
- Follow an ‘on-call’ schedule
- Maintain accurate stock control records
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
Other duties may include:
Cleaning, Tenant Relations, Administrative/Office Tasks,
If you are looking for a two bedroom apartment, if you are able to perform general maintenance duties, like cleaning and are interested in helping people, please apply today.
A satisfactory reference check, criminal records clearance, and proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 are required for the position, though the Company will provide any accommodation required by law.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package and opportunity for advancement. Homestead Land Holdings Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Please make needs known in advance. We appreciate all responses; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please Apply through our Careers website: www.homestead.ca/careers and be sure to include your resume.
HomeStead Land Holdings Limited
View original article here Source