As a building manager at Williams & McDaniel Property Management (W&M), he/she must ensure the assigned property(s) is operated and maintained in a cost-effective, safe and efficient manner as per the operating parameters and standards of the company.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
· Perform routine cleaning throughout the interior and exterior of the assigned building(s).
·Attend to tenants’ property-related problems and give them immediate attention if the situation allows.
· Coordinate the implementation of repairs, maintenance and renovations carried out on building(s) and monitor progress and cost of work for property owners.
· May occasionally move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies as required.
· Perform day-to-day activities with the emphasis on customer orientation
Education Level: Completion of grade 12 or equivalent required
Experience: Previous experience in property management is an asset
· Basic knowledge of computers is required
· Basic knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, and electrical is an asset
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong oral communications skills
· Organizational skills
· Problem-solving skills
· Function independently
· Plan, organize and execute work under own initiative
· Coordinate, schedule and instruct work to be performed by sub-contractors
· Perform physical tasks related to building maintenance
The incumbent may have to accommodate tenants’ request or building emergencies outside of office hours
View original article here Source