SUMMARY OF DUTIES: We are seeking a student who is interested in working with children and youth at Westview Baptist Church over the summer. The position will be 35 hours per week with a planned start date of June 14th for 10 weeks. Applications are being accepted until May 25th, 2022.
• Employee will be supervised and accountable to the Christian Education Specialist/ and or the lead pastor and will meet weekly for personal input, direction and mentoring opportunities relating to the job and to help build up the individual’s skills
• Plan for Protection training will be provided
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plan, prepare for, and lead two weeks of church summer camp.
• Teach and mentor volunteers of summer activities
• Plan, assist and help with youth and children’s events, activities, and be involved in church services
• Lead discussions with youth (May be online or in-person)
• Lead Sunday morning children’s classes
• Plan and lead a portion of a Sunday Service involving children and youth
• Create media presentations using video or the internet to promote children and youth activities.
• Must be between 15 and 30 years old since this is a government funded position
• Must have a completed Police Vulnerable Sector Check
• Prefer experience volunteering or working with youth or children
• Respect basic Christian principles and Westview Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith and submit to the authority therein
• Must have access to a computer and internet in case the employee needs to work from home
• Prefer student who plans to, or is studying in areas relating to working with children or youth
• Prefer First Aid and CPR Training
SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: Westview Baptist Church, 1000 Wonderland Rd. S; London, Ontario; N6K 3S4 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
View original article here Source