- Excellent opportunity to use your fabrication, inspection and/or maintenance experience in a pivotal role!
- Put your expertise to work in a dynamic, engaging and collaborative team environment!
- Receive competitive compensation and benefits with a global leader!
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Methanex is the world’s largest supplier of methanol to major international markets in North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe and Latin America. Methanol can be found in products from windshield washer fluid to recyclable plastic bottles, plywood floors to paint, silicone sealants to synthetic fibers. The energy sector is one of the most rapidly growing markets for the use of Methanol and greatly relies on the expertise and commitment of Methanex as their trusted supplier.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Methanex currently has an exciting career opportunity for a Pressure Equipment Inspector to join our team in Medicine Hat on a full-time basis.
In this role, you will be responsible for determining and coordinating non-destructive testing activities and performing the inspection of piping, pressure equipment, and fabrication processes.
You will also support the achievement of a safe and reliable petrochemical operation in full compliance with construction codes, provincial statutory regulations, Methanex project standards, and corporate best practices.
Key accountabilities include:
- Developing detailed inspection and test plans for fabricated equipment and piping fabrication.
- Assisting in developing and scheduling pressure equipment inspection intervals and ensuring inspections are performed in a timely fashion.
- Performing field level inspections on pressure equipment and updating inspection records.
- Exercising professional judgment in identifying, mitigating and dispositioning non-conformances.
- Gathering field data for equipment condition monitoring, assisting in assessing site equipment vulnerabilities, and ensuring contingency plans are in place.
- Developing Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs) for equipment and piping in-service inspection and fabrication jobs.
- Ensuring appropriate welder qualification testing is complete.
- Monitoring repairs and alterations to equipment to ensure compliance to code and company standards, and also identifying and tracks non-conformities.
- Controlling inspection, measuring, and test equipment.
- Maintaining quality control and inspection files, and entering related data into spreadsheets.
- Supporting other departments in maintaining continual compliance with provincial legislation and ensuring technical and quality requirements of pressure equipment are met.
- Liaising with provincial jurisdictional regulators and submitting reports and documents as required.
Our successful candidate will possess:
- A relevant trade certification or a post-secondary diploma in materials engineering technology, welding engineering technology, mechanical engineering technology, or another related discipline is considered an asset.
- Three years of experience in fabrication, inspection and/or maintenance, with two years of inspection experience in an operating petrochemical plant is preferred.
- Alternate combinations of education, training, and experience will be considered.
- Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB) Level 1 certification with an American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) B31.3 piping endorsement is an asset.
- Knowledge of the Alberta Safety Codes Act and Regulations, ASME Boiler, Pressure Vessel and Piping codes and standards, American Petroleum Institute standards, CSA standards, and CGSB standards, or equivalent knowledge from another jurisdiction.
- Previous experience issuing QC Inspection and Test Plans (ITP) and determining quality control requirements as per codes and piping specifications, performing visual inspections on welds, and witnessing hydrostatic testing of pressure components is considered an asset.
- Certification in API (American Petroleum Institute) 510 Pressure Vessel Inspection with an ABSA In-Service Inspector certification is preferred. API 570 Piping Inspection, and/or additional construction code endorsement for structural steel or welding are strong assets.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or programs and knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), such as Maximo, SAP or a similar system. Experience with Visions Software is a strong asset.
- A valid drivers license.
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
Building on our core values of integrity, trust, respect and professionalism, our corporate culture encourages communication and teamwork and rewards employees for creativity and innovation. We are also very active in supporting educational and training/development initiatives. We sponsor scholarships and co-op programs at local colleges and universities as well as hands-on training programs at our manufacturing facilities.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you can expect to receive an industry competitive salary along with health, dental, and survivor benefits.
Join this thriving and team focused market leader today and expand your experience with a new challenge – Apply Now!