Job Type: Casual
Who We Are
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway’s proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley’s Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Why Work For Us
Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who made it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our 26 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!
Set the tone for the entire guest experience!
We are looking for dynamic, outgoing, and energetic people who love to create buzz and excitement and enjoy being in the spotlight! As a Host/ess you will increase guest loyalty by building a client network and promoting events and products.
A Great Fit, if You
- Are passionate and knowledgeable about sports
- Engage well with others and love to provide a premium guest experience
- Are comfortable initiating conversations with guests
- Know how to have fun on the job and enjoy a public facing role
- Can juggle multiple tasks and work well under pressure
- Benefit from working flexible hours, evenings, and weekends
- Processes all reservations and plans guest seating arrangements in advance
- Assists servers with food and beverage expediting, bussing and cleaning
- Participates in promotional activities including social media or traditional communication, events, and photo sessions
- Introduces or presents live entertainment as required
What You’ll Require
- Minimum 1 year experience as a host/hostess in the hospitality/food service industry preferred
- Cash handling experience using POS system or cashier register
- Tourism, promotion, marketing, entertainment, or event training experience preferred
- World Host / Super Host certificate or other similar customer service programs preferred
- Proven selling, marketing, and service skills in a dining, retail, or promotions environment
- Trendy sense of style and attention to personal and property’s image
- Effective public speaking skills and presence
- Ability to pull, lift, and carry objects up to 35 lbs specifically a fully loaded serving tray
- Knowledge of specialty food and beverage items
What Is Next
Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply within 30 days of the posting date.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway Casinos and Entertainment Limited