Serving over 2,000 members, the Mount Hamilton Youth Soccer Club is a non-profit organization whose
vision is to provide programs of the highest standard, to develop players, provide the community with
access to quality soccer programs and experienced coaching in a fun learning environment.
We are currently seeking to hire an Office Administrator to contribute to the effective daily operation of the Mount Hamilton Youth Soccer Club (MHYSC). The incumbent reports to the Club’s Office Manager (OM).
Responsibilities of this role include:
* Acts as main point of contact for the Club, providing high quality and timely customer service to all stakeholders (e.g., players, parents, volunteer coaches, service providers, leagues, etc.) and responds/redirects inquires received in person by email, phone or through social media.
* Communicates Club information to parents, players and coached via a variety of media platforms including, email, the Club website, Twitter feed, Instagram and Facebook pages.
* Helps to maintain the Club website and other social media platforms.
* Membership and registration database management including set-up of registration events in the online registration system, entering paper registrations and updating registration records with mail in payment information or program changes, assisting players and parents register for their appropriate age level, register players with database as required, attends and oversees all “in-person” registration events.
* Completes financial activities including cash and credit card transactions, tracking of payments, coordinates refunds for registrations, ensures members playing are in good standing and reports to the OM on outstanding payments on a monthly basis, and issues tax receipts.
* Rosters teams and provides initial communications to coaches and parents.
* Maintain records of all volunteer personnel files including tracking coaching certifications, police record checks, etc.
* Provides administrative support to the Board of Directors.
* Other related duties as required.
* Education, training and experience: one-year certificate in Office Administration preferred and a minimum of three years of related work experience. Previous experience in community sport administration and/or league operations is preferred. Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong customer services orientation are essential; must be outgoing and friendly.
* An interest in and knowledge of soccer in general and within the local soccer community is preferred.
* Excellent computer skills; proficiency in MS Word and Excel. Experience with web-based data systems is an asset.
* Ability to receive direction from numerous people and work in a team environment
* Strong organizational and time management skills; adaptable and works well in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to handle multiple and at times overlapping deadlines
* Ability to learn and implement newly required skills quickly and accurately.
* A self-starter, with ability to work independently is essential.
* Problem solving skills, including the ability to recognize potential problems and assist with problem resolution
* Flexibility to respond to changing priorities and managing competing priorities.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality is a requirement for the position. A Criminal Record Check will be required.
POSITION DETAILS AND APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
This is a full-time position on a one-year contract with the possibility of renewal and requires the
incumbent to work between 25 and 40 hours per week. Hours of work must be flexible to work evenings and weekends as required. The nature of soccer is that there are two peak seasonal times. The first, as we prepare for spring-summer sessions, and the second as we prepare for fall-winter. Therefore, hours may vary to ensure the work is completed.
The position offers a competitive salary based on the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience.
The Mount Hamilton Youth Soccer Club invites applications from all qualified individuals. The Club is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. Please submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com by the application deadline of: Friday March 6th, 2020. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.