Job Duties and Tasks for: “Farmworker, Farm and Ranch Animal”
1) Clean stalls, pens, and equipment, using disinfectant solutions, brushes, shovels, water hoses, and/or pumps.
2) Drive trucks, tractors, and other equipment to distribute feed to animals.
3) Examine animals to detect illness, injury, or disease, and to check physical characteristics, such as rate of weight gain.
4) Groom, clip, trim, and/or castrate animals; dock ears and tails; and/or shear coats to collect hair.
5) Herd livestock to pastures for grazing or to scales, trucks, or other enclosures.
6) Mark livestock to identify ownership and grade, using brands, tags, paint, or tattoos.
7) Milk animals such as cows and goats, by hand or using milking machines.
8) Mix feed, additives, and medicines in prescribed portions.
9) Perform duties related to livestock reproduction, such as breeding animals within appropriate timeframes, performing artificial inseminations, and helping with animal births.
10) Feed and water livestock; and monitor food and water supplies.
11) Provide medical treatment, such as administering medications and vaccinations; or arrange for veterinarians to provide more extensive treatment.
12) Segregate animals according to weight, age, color, and physical condition.
13) Shift animals between grazing areas to ensure that they have sufficient access to food.
14) Spray livestock with disinfectants and insecticides; or dip or bathe animals.
15) Collect, inspect, and place eggs in incubators if needed.
16) Inspect, maintain, and repair equipment, machinery, buildings, pens, yards, and fences.
17) Maintain growth, feeding, production, and cost records
Please call or text
View original article here Source