Job requirements – Full time 40 hours a week – Salary – $27.00-$30.00/hr. based on experience
Business Address/Location of Work:
166 Bowes Road | Concord Ontario L4K 1J6
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate and completion of a two- to three-year apprenticeship program or Over three years of work experience.
• 3 years or more
• Experience with TPO, EPDM,
• 2ply and 4ply systems are a bonus.
• Install, repair or replace built-up roofing systems using materials such as asphalt saturated felts and hot asphalt and gravel
• Install, repair or replace single-ply roofing system using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric or other asphaltic compositions
• Install, repair or replace shingles, shakes and other roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings
• Apply waterproof coatings to concrete or other masonry surfaces below or above ground level
• Install and repair metal roofs using hand and power tools
• May estimate materials required and quote costs.
• Install or replace asphalt shingles, wood shingles and shakes and masonry or baked clay roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings
• Set up scaffolding to provide safe access to roofs
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
• Establish safe equipment handling; ensure everyone on the worksite is always working in a safe, secure manner.
• Applicants need to be in good physical shape; this line of work requires a lot of lifting, standing and hammering.
• Roofing laborers should not be afraid of heights and should be comfortable working high up off the ground.
• Good personal service skills are essential: roofers need to be kind and respectful whenever on a worksite.
Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Dependability; Reliability; Organized
• Year-round employment