1st Miller, P&H Milling Group
Join a team that shares your passion for Canadian wheat and all its end-uses! Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited (P&H) has an opportunity for an energetic, customer-focused and motivated individual to bring their skills and experience to the P&H Milling Group, the largest Canadian owned-milling company.
A Great Career Move
This position offers exceptional opportunities to grow your professional career while maintaining a healthy and fulfilling work/life balance.
Work and grow with a family-owned company.
P&Hs roots go back over 110 years, and we have always been a Canadian, family-owned and managed agri-business. Our corporate culture values are family values; honesty and integrity with a focus on listening and continuous learning. Like family, we support our staff to always do better.
The P&H Milling Group sources wheats from Western Canada, Ontario and Quebec and Atlantic Canada to produce quality flour and other cereal products. The P&H Milling Group supplies flour throughout Canada, the U.S., the Caribbean, the Middle East, Iceland and Pacific Rim Countries.
Skills and experience for the next step in your career.
As 1st Miller, the successful candidate will be responsible for flour production within the facility, including operating and monitoring equipment and machinery.
Your day to day activities will include:
- Operate the milling machinery and equipment and make the required adjustments to ensure that the target flour extraction is achieved while also meeting all quality parameters.
- Maintain optimum mill balance, capacity utilization, performance and efficiency.
- Work effectively in a food processing environment in a safe manner and with high standards for product quality, housekeeping and sanitation in accordance to BRC and Food Safety procedures.
- Follow a production schedule and perform all flour production changes as required.
- Ensure that flour products are produced according to production methods and the required additives are added according to flour specification.
- Monitor and assess the operation and condition of all equipment during the shift and maintain the action items list, indicating equipment that require repair and maintenance.
- Complete required inspection reports and work orders accurately.
- Perform troubleshooting and minor repair/maintenance as required.
- Communicate and assist 2nd Miller/Utility to ensure all their responsibilities are completed so as to guarantee overall mill efficiency,
- Clean assigned floors, sharing this task equally with the 2nd Miller, and record on the Daily Cleaning Schedules,
- Report any food safety, product quality and/or food security incidents to the QA Department,
- Ensure GMP, HACCP and Company policies and procedures are followed,
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment,
- Communicate to and supervise all personnel on shift after hours,
- Provide vacation and sick day relief for peers,
- Provide support or cover 2nd Miller tasks, as needed
- Perform any duties as required by the company from time to time
The successful candidate should enter the position with the following qualifications:
- At least 5 years of milling experience
- Certificate or diploma in flour milling (NABIM or IAOM) is an asset
- Competent communication skills, both oral and written
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Mechanical aptitude
To apply, please visit our career website: https://parrishandheimbecker.com/company/careers/
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about us at www.parrishandheimbecker.com
P&H is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities and members of visible minorities. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Parrish and Heimbecker