Priority is proud to partner with Liberty Utilities New Brunswick to recruit a Financial Analyst to join their team based in Fredericton.
This position is an essential member of the Finance team. Primarily responsible for providing financial reviews for business development initiatives, leading/supporting special projects, creating financial and forecasting models, providing analysis and support for Communication, Sales and Regulatory departments, as well as performing key financial analysis allowing the organization to make prudent capital spending and other business decisions.
Liberty Utilities is a regulated water, natural gas and electric transmission and distribution utility, delivering responsive and reliable essential services to nearly 800,000 customers in 13 states across the United States and New Brunswick in Canada. With a local approach to management, service and support, Liberty Utilities delivers efficient, dependable services to meet customer needs.
In New Brunswick, Liberty Utilities operates in the Fredericton, Moncton and Saint John areas and provides natural gas to 12,000 customers. We measure our performance in terms of service reliability, an enjoyable customer experience and an unconditional dedication to public and workplace safety.
Bringing Energy to New Brunswick. For more information, visit www.naturalgasnb.com.
- Lead the Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) process focused on building a culture of improvement within the organization through the usage of the Lean Six Sigma methodology.
- Compile, participate in and prepare timely and accurate studies required to support the business model of the organization e.g. cost allocation, feasibility studies, business development, etc.
- Involvement in the financial aspects of the regulatory process throughout the annual rate application lifecycle, specifically providing data, calculations, and supporting the process.
- Responsible for several monthly, quarterly, and annual regulatory and internal reports.
- Work with department managers & Financial Reporting group to ensure regulatory reporting requirements are met and are modeled correctly in all calculations performed.
- Continually monitor regulatory requirements to ensure maximum efficiencies are achieved and implement change where necessary.
- On-going development and efficiency improvement of Excel modeling tools to accommodate the organization’s operating environment.
- Work closely in collaboration with other affiliates to ensure consistency in reporting and assurance that best reporting practices are in place.
- Provide guidance to the Senior Management team and Department Managers, to achieve departmental goals and objectives as per established deadlines.
Education and Qualifications:
- University degree in Finance/Business/Accounting.
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting practices, policies and procedures of the gas industry
- Understanding of principles of rate regulation and detailed knowledge of regulatory practices in NB.
- Strong relationship management and demonstrated ability to synthesize complex business and regulatory relationships.
- Ability to work under significant stress/pressure with a minimum of supervision within a team environment.
- Proven strong project management skills.
- Superior analytical and technical skills using innovative problem solving, judgment and discretion.
- Superior communication, time management and organizational skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite Word, PowerPoint, particularly Excel.
- High level of personal and professional integrity.
If you are looking to join a forward-thinking organization with a great team culture and competitive benefits package, this could be the opportunity for you.
To apply please submit your confidential resume and cover letter to Priority as soon as possible.
Thank you for applying. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.