Truck and Trailer Mechanic Technician
Trimac Energy Services Shop provides a competitive compensation and benefits package and the ability to grow and develop their employees.
As a global leader in the Maintenance and wash rack industry, they are looking for a Truck and Trailer Mechanic to join their team in Edmonton, AB!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB:
Under the general direction of the Shop Manager, this incumbent will utilize journeyman level technical knowledge and expertise to perform complex mechanical tasks in the repair, maintenance, inspection and certification of Trimac Energy Services’ tanker trailer fleet with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform CVIP inspections as required by the CSA B620 and the National Safety Code
- Ability to analyze and solve complex technical problems and recommend custom solutions.
- Ability to perform mechanical repairs as required.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan and prioritize work and material requirements and operate independently.
- Expected to play a leading role in implementing and promoting workplace safety and professionalism and recommend positive workplace change.
- Journeyman rate $38.63 – $42.93 + $2.00 shift premium.
- The shift is Monday to Monday (7 on 7 off) 5:30pm to 5:30am
- Safe and professional work practices are mandatory.
- Demonstrate ability to read and understand written instructions and communications and write job reports, work order summaries and other record-keeping functions.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex technical problems (troubleshoot)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment, exercise good judgment and common sense and conduct him/herself in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated good interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Must be physically fit and of reasonable strength and endurance to perform the duties required in a tanker trailer shop operation.
- Able to perform duties in all weather conditions.
- Journeyman HD Mechanic or Apprentice
- Grade 12 graduate
- Full understanding of all relevant safety and compliance regulations, policies and generally accepted work practices relating to tanker trailer shop operations.
- Computer keyboarding skills and a basic understanding of computer business systems is desirable.
- Physical Demands include lifting, carrying, pull/push, stairs.
- The majority of work is conducted in a Shop Environment with some light administration work occasionally required.
Trimac: Safety is our Core Value
- We make Safety a part of every decision
- We make Safety personal
- We have the courage to intervene
Trimac Transportation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity. We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
View original article here Source