Sharp Trucking Services Ltd (See https://www.sharpoilfield.com ) is hiring a Tractor/Trailer Mechanic for our Edmonton operation located at located at 12455 153 St NW, Edmonton, AB T5V 1E4. The Mechanic is responsible for ensuring trucks and trailers are maintained to ensure the units are operating safely by inspecting, diagnosing, repairing, and servicing all systems and components of transport trucks and trailers.
Duties and responsibilities
• Ensuring that all equipment is maintained at the highest standards, in a timely manner, resulting in proper function and availability.
• Inspect and test mechanical units, such as engines, transmissions, axles and brake systems, to locate faults and malfunctions.
• Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of commercial transport truck systems including chassis, frame, cab, body, engine and drive train, air brakes, steering, and fuel, hydraulic, electrical and electronic systems.
• Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of truck-trailer and trailer systems including structural, brake and electrical systems.
• Promote safety awareness by following policies and procedures on quality, health, safety and environment.
• Analyse Cummins Diesel engine repairs and recommend repairs if the repairs can noit be completed inhouse
• Good knowledge of Cummins diesel engine repairs and recommend repairs
• Good knowledge of transmission repairs and recommend repairs
• Experienced in Highway Truck repairs and Maintenance (not earth moving)
• Must have a several years experience in repairing diesel engines and transmission
• Capable of working independently, as well as, in a team environment.
• Able to work efficiently and effectively working unsupervised.
• Capable of working in a physically demanding multi-tasking work environment.
• Demonstrate a high attention to detail, be extremely organized and have the ability to reliably document failures and repairs.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable personal transportation to and from work.
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
• Knowledge of all relevant governing legislation and regulatory standards.
Your Education Requirements
• Must have a Provincial Certificate of Qualification as a Heavy Duty Mechanic (Truck and Transport) or be eligible to challenge the examination
Wages and Benefits
• $40 per hour only
How to apply:
Please send the following to sharptruckingresume at gmail dot com
• Three references confirming your experience to meet the requirements above
• Please also find a summary of the book “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” by Stephen Covey. Here is such a summary https://www.oberlo.ca/blog/7-habits-of-highly-effective-people-by-stephen-covey-summary and explain which of the 7 factors do you follow with examples
• A motivation letter in which you explain why you would be a suitable applicant
View original article here Source